Google Cloud Messaging
The Google Cloud Messaging SDK, deprecated April 10, 2018, has been deactivated and removed from Google's APIs. For equivalent functionality, use Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM), which inherits the reliable and scalable GCM infrastructure, plus many new features.
Its primary SDK category is Push Notifications and it's used by Android apps.
Based on downloads over the last 30 days, the most popular Android apps that use Google Cloud Messaging are:
Looking at the number of Android apps that use Google Cloud Messaging, it's Extremely Popular among Android developers.
In addition, this month, Google Cloud Messaging has been…
- Added to 421 Android apps.
- Removed from 436 Android apps.
It's most commonly used by Android apps in the following categories: Maps & Navigation and Health & Fitness.
SDKs that are similar to Google Cloud Messaging:
- Firebase Cloud Messaging in the Push Notifications category
- Pusher by MessageBird in the Push Notifications category
- Proxi.cloud in the Ad Networks category
- Google Utilities in the Developer Tools category
- SwiftMessages in the Developer Tools category
- Tencent Cloud in the Backend and Cloud category
- Pushwoosh in the Push Notifications category
- MessagePack in the Database and Data Management category
Browse iOS and Android SDKs With the SDK ExplorerTry it for free
See how many apps integrate specific SDKs, how many times these SDKs have been downloaded, developer details, similar SDKs, and more.
Analyze installation and removal trends for SDKs. Discover which apps have removed or integrated specific SDKs in a given timeframe.
See which app categories or genres are most likely to use specific SDKs. Detect SDK market share per category.