The Tesseract OCR SDK contains an OCR engine — libtesseract and a command line program — tesseract. Tesseract 4 adds a new neural net (LSTM) based OCR engine which is focused on line recognition, but also still supports the legacy Tesseract OCR engine of Tesseract 3 which works by recognizing character patterns.
Its primary SDK category is Scanners and OCR and it’s used by Android apps.
Based on downloads over the last 30 days, the most popular Android apps that use Tesseract OCR are:
Looking at the number of Android apps that use Tesseract OCR, it's Somewhat Popular among Android developers.
In addition, this month, Tesseract OCR has been…
- Added to 175 Android apps.
- Removed from 85 Android apps.
It's most commonly used by Android apps in the following categories: Education and Finance.
SDKs that are similar to Tesseract OCR:
- tess-two in the Scanners and OCR category
- Scanbot in the Scanners and OCR category
- ABBYY in the Scanners and OCR category
- ZBar in the Scanners and OCR category
- Docutain in the Scanners and OCR category
- ZXing in the Scanners and OCR category
- Scandit in the Scanners and OCR category
- Code Scanner in the Scanners and OCR category
Browse iOS and Android SDKs With the SDK ExplorerTry it for free
See how many apps integrate specific SDKs, how many times these SDKs have been downloaded, developer details, similar SDKs, and more.
Analyze installation and removal trends for SDKs. Discover which apps have removed or integrated specific SDKs in a given timeframe.
See which app categories or genres are most likely to use specific SDKs. Detect SDK market share per category.