Our team will be in Cologne, Germany for Europe’s top digital marketing and technology event: DMEXCO 2023. The conference, which will run from September 20th to 21st, will focus on the most important issues facing the industry. However, we’re looking forward especially to discussions surrounding AdTech and the growing importance of SDK intelligence.
SDKs from Ad Networks such as Google Ads and Meta Audience Network form the foundation of the mobile advertising realm. They assist countless app developers globally in generating revenue from their creations and linking users with their preferred brands, products, and entities.
Yet, given the multitude of ad networks available and the intense competition in the mobile advertising space, market insights have never been more valuable. Bearing this in mind, we'd like to quickly touch upon the topics listed below (click the links below to jump to the relevant sections):
- AdTech SDK Insights
- The Top Android Ad Network SDKs
- The Top iOS Ad Network SDKs
- Our AdTech SDK Intelligence
- Ad Networks can use these insights to...
- App developers can use these insights to...
- How to Access Our Ad Network SDK Intelligence
- Examples of Our Ad Network SDK Intelligence
- Let’s Talk Ad Network SDK Intelligence at DMEXCO 2023
AdTech SDK Insights
From Ad Networks like Unity and AppLovin to Ad Mediation and Attribution solutions, SDKs play a critical role in the mobile and connected TV AdTech industries. By connecting app developers to advertisers, brands, and other demand-side businesses, these solutions help developers build profitable apps with valuable mobile advertising experiences.
With this in mind, we’ve used our AdTech SDK insights to do some research into the top Android and iOS Ad Network SDKs. Check it out:
The Top Android Ad Network SDKs
Below are the top 5 most popular Ad Network SDKs based on Android integrations. This data was collected using our app intelligence solutions. For real-time rankings, check out the SDK stats pages on our website.
- App Share: 91%
- Total Apps: 1.39 million
- Download Share: 90%
- Total Downloads: 655.8 billion
- App Share: 27.6%
- Total Apps: 428.1k
- Download Share: 49.1%
- Total Downloads: 357.4 billion
3. Unity Ads
- App Share: 18.5%
- Total Apps: 336.96k
- Download Share: 43%
- Total Downloads: 313.06 billion
- App Share: 10.79%
- Total Apps: 270.53k
- Download Share: 42.3%
- Total Downloads: 307.66 billion
5. AppLovin MAX
- App Share: 12%
- Total Apps: 225.69k
- Download Share: 36.13%
- Total Downloads: 262.88 billion
The Top iOS Ad Network SDKs
Next up, the top 5 most popular Ad Network SDKs based on iOS integrations. For live rankings, check out our SDK stats pages.
- App Share: 54.94%
- Total Apps: 265.72k
- Download Share: 37.71%
- Total Downloads: 87.72 billion
- App Share: 28.63%
- Total Apps: 227.17k
- Download Share: 83%
- Total Downloads: 193.05 billion
- App Share: 26.84%
- Total Apps: 188.91k
- Download Share: 37.67%
- Total Downloads: 87.62 billion
4. Apple iAd
- App Share: 38.84%
- Total Apps: 155.83k
- Download Share: 61.9%
- Total Downloads: 143.97 billion
5. Unity Ads
- App Share: 18.6%
- Total Apps: 86.62k
- Download Share: 25.7%
- Total Downloads: 59.78 billion
Our AdTech SDK Intelligence
At 42matters, we offer intelligence on 439 Ad Network SDKs, 33 Ad Mediation SDKs, 44 Attribution SDKs, and more. These SDKs are found in 19+ million published and unpublished iOS and Android apps available on Google Play and the Apple App Store. This includes insight into…
- SDK details, like SDK ID, developer website, SDK category, platform availability, and SDK description.
- Integration insights, like the share of apps that use each SDK, the total number of apps and games that use each SDK, and market share by store and category.
- Performance metrics, like new installations and removal trends and total app and game downloads.
Ad Networks can use these insights to...
- Generate, segment, qualify, and enrich app publisher leads — identify newly released apps that need to build out their advertising tech stacks; target apps that use competitor SDKs; segment leads by language, country availability, category, etc.; enrich existing leads with comprehensive app details; and more.
- Track competitor ad networks — see which apps have integrated their SDKs, view their market share by app category, identify which apps they have the most success with, etc.
App developers can use these insights to...
- Track competitor apps — see which Ad Network SDKs competitors use to monetize their products, as well as which ones they’ve removed from their tech stacks.
- Identify best fit Ad Networks for their app — segment apps by category, country availability, language, and a variety of other metrics, then analyze their tech stacks to see which Ad Network SDKs they use.
How to Access Our Ad Network SDK Intelligence
Our Ad Network SDK intelligence comes in a variety of formats. It can be accessed via the 42matters Explorer, SDK Explorer, and App Watchlist platforms. These are web-based app and SDK market research tools that provide comprehensive, visual insight into the Apple App Store and Google Play.
To learn more about our Ad Network SDK intelligence solutions, click here!
Examples of Our Ad Network SDK Intelligence
To get better acquainted with our data, check out our these pages:
Let’s Talk Ad Network SDK Intelligence at DMEXCO 2023
Finally, if you’re heading to DMEXCO 2023 and want to chat with our team about Ad Network SDKs, set up a meeting!
Otherwise, feel free to reach out to one of our attendees on LinkedIn!
Andrea Girardello — Co-Founder and CEO
Gareth Yap — Head of Sales
Siniša Sambolić — Head of Marketing
Alicia Vickery — Business Development Representative
Dominique Von Atzigen — Business Development Representative
Nathan Kläy — Business Development Representative
Míriam Palomo — Digital Marketing Specialist